In today’s Teacher Tip Tuesday broadcast:
Mistake is a word we don’t like to hear, but we can all learn from our mistakes and from each other, so we can avoid them in the future. Today we are talking about 7 common mistakes that you can avoid as a music parent.
- Not scheduling regular practice time.
- Getting a toy instrument because they want to make sure the student likes it first.
- Choosing a teacher because their lessons cost less.
- Not sitting down to practice with their children, especially young ones.
- Focusing on practice length instead of goals.
- Comparing sibling progress.
- Letting their child give up too quickly.